Sunday 30 December 2012

Dawn of the Gingerbread

Ever wonder what happens to the poor gingerbread souls who still haven't been eaten days after Christmas?

Zombies! These cookies are made from your basic gingerbread recipe, cut to look like people, some of them sans limbs. Once baked and cooled, I decorated them using a basic milk+icing sugar glaze. 





Photo credits: Kelly Garsha

     These zombie cookies inspired me to re-watch Dawn of the Dead (2004). I'm probably among a minority group of people who actually prefer Snyder's remake of Romero's 1978 original. I recognize that the original is probably "better" in terms of originality, influence and social commentary, but I find the remake to be much more enjoyable. First of all, I prefer fast and strong zombies for their ability to scare the living daylights out of me, even if they are less "authentic." Then again, why can't we have both? If you don't have anything better to do with the rest of the holiday season, you can watch both of them while nibbling on some stale gingerbread.



Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment